Do you have favourite activities you like to do with your children? Click on the picture below to watch my short video about my favourite thing to do with my little ones!
I came across the above pic on Pinterest (find me @ Blog Loving Mummy if you’d like to see my pin boards)! I could spend hours on there discovering all sort of things from baby & toddler activities to beautiful landscapes, and work from home tips to inspirational quotes. Plus many many more points of interest!
My favourite days with my two little munchkins are spent down the beach. We go to this coffee shop on the seafront with a little children’s play area and sandpit which my toddler loves! He could spend hours playing with his toys in that sandpit! My little girl is only a few months old so she’s either asleep in the buggy or I’m cuddling her while watching my baby boy play.
Apart from the cost of a mocha, an ice cream for Tommy and perhaps a yummy slice of cake for me, it’s FREE! So it shows you don’t need to spend a lot of money to have fun with your kids!
Top Ideas For Activities To Do With Your Children
Here’s a few of my ideas for baby and toddler activities you can do for free or at a small cost:
- Cutting & pasting tissue paper and anything else you can stick to paper!
- Bake cakes
- Go to the park
- Arts & crafts (Wilko and even Poundworld are great for crafty stuff including glitter!!)
- Pottery painting (there’s this great little shop in Southsea near me where you can pick ready made items to paint. Then 10 days later after being glazed & put in kiln you collect them. We’ve done it for daddy’s Valentines & birthday presents!) Have a look where your closest pottery shop is. The one in Southsea is called ‘Arty Potz’.
- Crazy golf
- Go to the beach (if you live near one of course!)
- Local places of interest such as castles
- Kids club cinema
- Football in the park/open space/garden
- Kite flying
- Go to garden centre & buy seeds for flowers & veg to plant
- Make sensory toys such as rice in a clear tube, put unravelled wool in a big bowl, attach different feely things to a board
- Buy sparkly material from fabric shop
- Play with own toys & puzzles
- Go to the sensory room at your local children’s centre
- Go to the library
- Colouring & painting
- Make a tent out of the duvet
- Play hide & seek
These are just a few things and there are so many more! Take a look on Pinterest for more top ideas!
Have a wonderful time with your precious little ones and let me know if you have any top activity ideas that I’ve not mentioned!
Bye for now!